Welcome to the Susquehanna Valley Quilt Guild Website!
We love to quilt and we love to share our passion for quilting. If you love quilting like we do, we invite you to check us out! Our membership encompasses a wide range of ages and skill levels and promotes quilting through the use of traditional quilt patterns.
Our members enjoy learning new methods, and we encourage each other to share knowledge through member-offered workshops. Several workshops each year are presented by regional and national (many are award-winning) quilters/authors/instructors.
The quilt show registration is now open! Please click on the 2023 Quilt Show page (you will need your 2022/2023 membership password) and follow the link.
The annual dues is $20 and due June 2022. Anyone who has not paid as of 10/28/2022 is removed from the email group.
Regardless of when you join the guild, dues is due in July or August for the new guild year.
The web page “Members Only” requires a password, which is on the back of your membership card.
Contact Janet Wisniewski or Judy Stuaffer for membership information.
Quilts of Valor
One of our guild members, Billie Blakeney (570-683-6189) is PA state coordinator for this group.
QUILTS OF VALOR:
From the beginning, Catherine Roberts had definite ideas about standards of excellence for Quilts of Valor:
I knew a Quilt of Valor had to be a quality-made quilt, not a “charity quilt.” A Quilt of Valor had to be quilted, not tied, which meant hand or machine quilting. It would be “awarded,” not just passed out like magazines or videos, and would say unequivocally, “Thank you for your service, sacrifice and valor in serving our nation.”
I know many of our guild members have gotten together and made quilts for our neighbors and people they knew in the area. With what is happening in The United States, it’s making me rethink about all the people in uniforms defending our country and doing what is ask of them.
Any STAR design blocks could be made. You are welcome to visit their web site for ideas. Below are two start designs to use if you have not found a design (click on the star to open the pdf file). Eight point floating star and Floating wonky star. Any star pattern could be used and should measure 12 1/2″ to be finished as 12″. Most have a solid or tone on tone background with stars of red and blue.
2023 Quilt Show Theme "The Great Outdoors"
2023 Raffle Quilt
“Under the Stars”
92″ x 92″
Raffle tickets are $1 each or 6 for $5.
Contact any SVQG member to purchase your chance to win this beautiful quilt! Drawing will be held on Saturday, March 4, 2023 at 4 PM.
2023 Challenge Quilt Requirements
- Size less than or equal to 24″ on any side
- Wildlife / Nature (not a sporting event)
- Must have one wild animal (may be more)
- Use pearl cotton somewhere on the quilt top
2023 Quilt Categories
- Large quilt width is greater than or equal to 72 inches
- Medium quilt width is 45 inches to 72 inches
- Small quilt width is less than 45 inches
- Mini quilt is less than 24 inches on any side; block size 2″ or less
- Miscellaneous clothing, purses, pillows, table runners, table toppers, placemats, etc.
- Hand Quilting 100% hand quilted by the SVQ member entering quilt
- Theme “The Great Outdoors” – no size limit
- Challenge no larger than 24” x 24”, see Challenge instructions above
- Youth Made by person/s under age 18 and entered under sponsorship of current member.
You must be a paid SVGQG member by October 31, 2022 in order to enter any item in the show.